- Create a unique password for all the different systems/websites you use.
- Never share your password over the phone, in texts, by email, or in person.
- Do not use save password option on your computer, Mobile and any other device.
- Never click on suspicious links in emails, tweets, posts, or online advertising.
- Regularly change your password. At least in every 60 days.
- Three wrong attempts will lock your iDesk User ID.
- Multiple session will not be allowed.
- Always use logout option when exiting from iDesk application.
- For any query, please call 16285 or 09606237501 or email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS for BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd. iDesk Brokerage Services
(PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION)
Use of BESL iDesk Service is subject to the following terms and conditions which set out the general rights and obligations of the User(s) and BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd in connection with the use of BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd iDesk Service. For the purpose of this document, “Digital Brokerage Services” or “iDesk” refers to the internet brokerage services provided by BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd through internet or e-commerce banking such as Portfolio enquiry, fund withdraw request, fund deposit through e-commerce platform, online IPO etc. or other services as may be made available by BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd from time to time. “User”, “he/she” and/or “his/her” means BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd.’s account holder(s) registered to use iDesk. “BESL” means BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd, a company duly incorporated under the Companies Act 1994 having its Head Office at 9/E Motijheel 9th Floor, Suite: 1001-1003 Motijheel, Dhaka – 1000; and its branches or its assigns in respect of which the service will be available.
- iDesk user Login Access, Password and Security Procedure:
- BESL will provide the User with unique User Identification Number (“User ID”) and a temporary Password in the first instance through email. The User(s) hereby authorizes and instructs BESL to email him/her the User ID and Password relating to his/her access/log-in to the iDesk Services to the email address given in the application at his/her own risk and responsibility. BESL shall not be liable and responsible for hacking of your computer where the user will receive the User ID and Password and BESL shall not be responsible and Liable for share of User ID and Password.
- The User shall log in to the iDesk by using the User ID and Password. As a safety measure, the User shall immediately change Password upon his/her first login. User is requested to change his/her Password frequently thereafter to avoid any possible hacking, inherent risk or misuse/fraudulent use of his/her account. In case of hacking/sharing of User ID and Password BESL shall preserve the right to close the iDesk Service without prior consent from the User. However, BESL shall preserve the right to file a case against the User if it is observed by BESL that the User has/may any involvement with the incident.
- The User acknowledges that the Login ID (User ID) and the Password shall act as User's authorized signature. This signature authorizes and validates directions given just as an actual written signature does.
- The User is therefore responsible for maintaining the confidentially and secrecy of User ID and Password. User should not under any circumstances disclose his/her User ID and/or Password to anyone, including anyone claiming to represent the BESL or to someone giving assistance on a technical helpdesk in connection with the service. It is clearly understood that BESL’s employees do not need Password for any reason whatsoever. BESL shall not be held liable in any manner or in any form whatsoever in case of any unauthorized or fraudulent use of the User’s account through iDesk Services or for loss, misplacement or fraudulent use of the User ID and Password.
- If the User gives or shares his/her User ID, Account Password or OTP to anyone or fails to safeguard its secrecy, he/she does so at his/her own risk because anyone with User ID and Password will have access to his/her accounts.
- User needs to call 16285 to reset password, lock or change any information of the account status.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that BESL shall in no way be held responsible or liable if the User incurs any loss as a result of information disclosure to any third party by the user him/herself regarding his Account(s) or carrying the instruction of the User pursuant to the access of the iDesk and the User shall fully indemnify and hold harmless BESL in respect of the same.
- User hereby acknowledges and understands the inherent risk of using Internet and availing the Digital Brokerage Services and accordingly shall take all necessary precautions at his/her end to safeguard him/her from such risk. BESL shall not be held liable in any form whatsoever if the User suffers any loss or damages due to such inherent risk of internet and iDesk Services unless such loss or damage is caused due to willful negligence of the BESL.
- BESL shall initially provide the iDesk Services at free of cost. However, BESL reserves the right to change and recover from the User(s) service charges, as may be fixed by BESL from time to time. The User hereby authorizes BESL to recover such charges from his/her account(s).
- Charges are subjected to change from time to time at BESL’s discretion.
- UNAUTHORIZED/ FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES:
- Upon obtaining User ID and Password, User is requested to check of his/her accounts with BESL. If any of User account is missing, BESL must be informed immediately.
- If User believes unauthorized transactions are being made with his/her account, he/she should change the Password immediately and notify BESL.
- Anti-Money Laundering:
- User should agree and confirm that he/she will not use this iDesk facility for money laundering, illegal, unlawful purpose.
- User shall fully comply with the laws related to the money laundering and shall not use the iDesk services for any anti-terrorism or anti-state activities.
- BESL reserves the right to request explanation from the User regarding any matter pertaining to money laundering and anti-terrorism law of the country.
- Governing Law:
- These Terms and/or the operations in the Accounts of the User shall be governed by the Laws of Bangladesh, in force.
- BESL may, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of breach or violation of any of the Terms for iDesk in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum irrespective of the place from where the User access the iDesk Services, and the User hereby consents to that jurisdiction.
- Force Majeure:
- If for any reason beyond its control including but not limited to system error, network problem, strikes, labor disputes, accidents, governments requisition, restrictions or regulations on travel, hospital operation, political disturbances, acts of war, acts of God, which may hamper to provide regular and normal service and unable to perform its obligations under this agreement, that case BESL shall not be responsible anymore.
- Changes of Terms:
- BESL shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms at any time and shall attempt to communicate such change(s) wherever feasible by any possible means. By using any new services as may be introduced by BESL, the User shall be deemed to have accepted the changed Terms.
- Termination on iDesk Service:
- The User may request for termination of the iDesk Service to BESL branches at any time by giving a written notice at his/her presence of at least 15 days prior. The termination shall take effect on the completion of the fifteenth day. However, the User shall always be held liable for all accrued obligation or instruction given before or on the effective date of termination. A nonresident customer can pay visit to any branch for termination of his/her Internet Banking while s/he is in Bangladesh or can send the completely filled up iDesk form with photocopy of first six pages of passport attested by nearest Bangladesh High Commission and send them via international postal service/courier to: Alternate Trading, iDesk, BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited, 9/E Motijheel 9th Floor, Suite: 1001-1003 Motijheel, Dhaka – 1000 Bangladesh.
- Breach of Terms & Condition:
- User must compensate for any loss that occurs as a result of his/her breaching any term of these agreements.
- The User ID and Password should not be written anywhere accessible to third party even if it his/her family members.
- User should make sure that no one is physically watching the password(s) when he/she is Logging in.
- It is important to remember to click 'Log out' after completing his/her iDesk session.
- User should not leave his/her PC unattended while logged in to the iDesk system and the browser running with a valid User ID and Password cached as in such case anyone can gain access to the account.
- User should not choose Save Password options for any Auto Form fillers at any Public PC or the PC which is not owned by him/her.
- Avoid using iDesk services at any public network (e.g.: Cyber Café, Public WIFI), Otherwise BESL is not liable for any incident of System Hack, Intrusions, Account Hack or System infection of Malwares or Virus occur.
PRECAUTIONARY NOTE CAUTIONARY NOTE CAUTIONARY NOTE:
In order to prevent unauthorized transaction through Digital Brokerage Service, Users are advised to strictly maintain the following:
I/We hereby acknowledge that I/we have read and understand the terms and conditions for iDesk, and the risk involved in digital brokerage operation and further declare and affirm that by signing below, I/we apply for the BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited iDesk Services subject to the aforesaid terms and conditions.
If you need help with the log in process of iDesk or have technical questions, please call BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd Call Center: 16285.
iDesk Support can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognize that protecting personal information is very important to you and that you have an interest in how we collect, use, store and share such information. We always respect our customers’ privacy and personal information and we take this matter very seriously. We have worked very hard to earn our customers’ trust and keeping it is our top priority. That’s why we comply with the obligations that are laid out under data protection laws.
This privacy notice sets out how we, as a data controller, will use and protect your information. We will use your personal information only for the purposes and in the manner set out in this privacy notice. We recommend that you read this privacy notice carefully.
Please note: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- About us:
- BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited is one of the leading stockbrokers in the country. The company offers brokerage services to international institutions, domestic institutions, retail clients and non-resident Bangladeshis (NRBs). It is also the pioneer and leader in facilitating foreign portfolio investments in Bangladesh and boasts one of the best Equity Research teams of the country. Previously known as Equity Partners Securities Limited (EPSL), the company was formed in early 2000 as a brokerage house licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Bangladesh. BRAC Bank Limited acquired 51% shares of Equity Partners Securities Limited on 31 July 2009. In the year 2011, the bank acquired an additional 39% shares of BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited, taking the total ownership to 90%. BESL has a dominant market share of 60% in the foreign portfolio investment execution segment. BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited has membership at both country’s stock exchanges; the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE). Presently there are 8 branches, locations include Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla, Chowmuhani and Sylhet. BESL has a Multiple International Award-Winning Research team that consists of seasoned analysts with CFA Charter holders. The team is dedicated to formulating capital market expectations, specific industry analysis, company valuation and stock recommendation. The team has been a frequent recipient of research payments for quality and unbiased reports for clients in both local and international arena. BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited is recognized as the Best Brokerage House and Best Research House in 2019 by International Finance, which is a premium business and finance magazine publisher of UK’s International Finance Publications Limited.
- How can you get in contact with BESL?
- If you have any questions about this privacy notice or any other queries or complaints, our customer care team is here to help – please contact us using one of the following options: Email us: email@example.com Call Us: 16285
- Scope of BESL’s privacy notice?
- Personal data is information that identifies a person or can be used to identify a person. For us to provide our Services to you, we need to collect and process personal data about you. Without this information, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
- What data does BESL collect?
- Contact Details: name; email address; telephone number; passport or national identification details (in limited circumstances); social media identifiers;
- Payment Details: cardholder name; credit or debit card details (however, we only retain certain parts); chargeback information; billing address;
- Transaction Details: transaction amount and currency;
- Electronic Identifying Details: IP address; SMS content; cookies; pixels; activity logs on our site; online identifiers; device identifiers (e.g. the mobile device and/or the internet browser that you use) and geolocation data;
- Correspondence and Complaints: any correspondence that you choose to send to BESL (including complaints); any information you provide to our customer care team; any information you publish about BESL (including on the app stores);
- Transaction History: details of the transactions (including date and time and relevant service provider) you carry out on, and your visits to, the Applications.
- How does BESL collect your personal data?
- You provide us with your personal data when you register for or open a BO account with us. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties (e.g. in the event of chargebacks or through third party direct marketing services). We also collect information about you through your use of our applications, your visits to our Applications, your interactions with our customer care team and the transactions you carry out on our Applications. When you visit our Applications, your device and/or browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connection to an Application or other technical communications information), some of which may constitute personal data.
- Why do we process your personal data and what is our legal basis for doing so?
- Reason for processing personal data Legal Basis for processing your personal data To help you purchase the Services that you have requested and to process any payments, refunds or chargebacks connected with that Services request The use is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract. The use is also necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To deliver the Services that you have requested to the recipient of the Services and provide and receipts, where required The use is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract To allow the recipient of the Services to request further Services from you The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To contact you if it's required in relation to the Services that you have sent or to reply to any communications that you might have sent us The use is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract To provide you with information on products, services or promotions that might interest you The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To notify you about any changes to the Applications or Services The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To ensure that content on the Applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To provide you with customer care The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. For marketing analysis The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. For security, compliance, fraud prevention and accounting purposes The use is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations. The use is also necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. To help improve our Applications and our Services The use is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in managing our business operations. We will inform you in advance if we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than as set out above. We will also seek your specific consent if we carry out any processing of personal data that legally requires us to obtain such consent. You will have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- Do we carry out any automated processing of your personal data?
- We use automated statistical analysis of the personal data we collect about you in order to comply with our legal obligations to detect and prevent fraud, dishonesty and other crimes. We may use automated processing to screen for suspicious transactions, or to identify transactions that may be subject to international sanctions. your point of view and have those decisions reviewed by a member of our staff.
- What happens if you do not provide us with your personal data?
- If you do not provide us with your personal data or object to the use of certain personal data, we may not be able to provide the Services to you.
- Who do we disclose your personal data to?
We share your personal data, where necessary, with the following recipients:
- anti-money laundering authorities.
- governmental, legal, regulatory, or similar authorities, on request or, where required, including for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- law enforcement authorities, where responding to valid requests to assist in the prevention, detection, investigation of any offence;
- third-party payment processors;
- data analytics service providers (e.g. Google Analytics);
- third party service providers used for the delivery of some aspects of the Services (e.g. SMS delivery, email delivery, web notifications, app notifications and phone number lookup);
- legal and financial advisors, and auditors;
- Data Security
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with data protection laws. You are responsible for ensuring that any personal data that is sent to us is sent securely.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data only for so long as is necessary to carry out the purposes set out above and to comply with any legal obligations. The criteria for determining the duration for which we retain your personal data are whether it is necessary:
- to maintain an ongoing relationship with you (e.g. to provide our Services to you or where you are lawfully included in our direct communication lists);
- in connection with the purposes set out in this notice and where we have a valid legal basis; or
- to comply with any applicable limitation period under applicable law, and a reasonable amount thereafter.
- Once the periods above have concluded, we will either:
- permanently delete or destroy the relevant personal data;
- archive your personal data so that it is beyond use; or
- anonymise the relevant personal data.
- Where does BESL hold your personal data?
- Your personal data is held by us on secure servers which are hosted by BESL or by a third party hosting infrastructure company located within the Bangladesh.
- Will BESL use your personal data for direct marketing purposes?
- Where we have your consent to do so, we will use your personal data to send you information by SMS, email or app notifications relating to our products and services which may be of interest to you or similar products and services to those you have previously purchased from BESL.
- Can you opt-out/unsubscribe from direct marketing?
- You will be provided with an opportunity to opt-in at the point of registration. You can also opt-out at any time, free of charge, by: (i) for SMS and email, by using the unsubscribe facility in the SMS or email that BESL sends to you; (ii) for push notifications, by following the steps in the guide available at 16285; or (iii) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. BESL does not sell or share your personal data with subsidiary companies or third parties for marketing or profit purposes.
- Your Rights
- You have a right to obtain a copy of, and the right to rectify any inaccuracies in, the personal data we hold about you by making a request to us in writing. You also have the right to request erasure, restriction, portability, or object to the processing, of your personal data or not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling. You should inform us of any changes to your personal data. Any requests made under this section can be made using the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than one month after receipt of your request. In each case, these rights are subject to restrictions as laid down by law. If you are unhappy with any aspect of processing or your data protection rights please contact BESL in the first instance and we will be happy to listen to your concerns. We can be contacted as follows: email@example.com
- Changes to this privacy notice
- We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our Applications and/or, where appropriate, sending you a notification.
BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited Withdrawal Policy.
Withdrawal Policy for BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Ltd. iDesk Brokerage Services
(PLEASE READ THESE WITHDRAWAL POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION)
BRAC EPL Stock Brokerage Limited has established this Withdrawal Policy to efficiently handle withdrawal requests of clients.
The measures and procedures that the BESL has established are described below:
- WITHDRAWAL PROCESS:
- The client can use various ways to send his decision to withdraw. These are sending email/phone to his RM/iDesk portal.
- Customer Service Department and Back-office evaluate the request vis a vis open ledger positions and margin requirements along with the trading rules.
- In case the withdrawal requests are verified by the Back Office and Customer Service Department, withdrawal instructions are processed along with the client's nominated bank account details.
- The finance department approved & issues payment via BFTN/EFT or any other permitted mode of payment to customer bank account.
- Back office might communicate to the client to confirm his transfer to bank account.